Saturday, 24 January 2015

The Lazy Cricket

It was winter and the cricket was out enjoying the warmth of the winter sun. Suddenly, it felt extremely hungry. It looked around, hoping to find something to eat. The cricket saw a long orderly line of ants carrying food to their anthill.

The hungry cricket went to the ants with twinkling eyes and begged, "I am very hungry dear friends. Can you please spare some food for me?"

It was against the nature and principles of the ants to share their food with anyone. An ant questioned the cricket,  "Mister! What have you been doing all summer to not have stored food for winter? "

The cricket replied,  "I spent the summer singing songs and playing the orchestra with my fellow crickets. Now give me some food or I will die of hunger."

The ants realised that the cricket was indeed a lazy creature,  so they taunted,  "Mister! You spend the summer singing songs.  Now you can spend the winter dancing to that music "

The cricket realised its mistake and made up its mind to collect food for the winter during the summers in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment